FCCLA is joining with the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) and the entire CTE community to celebrate CTE Month! During the month of February, ACTE encourages everyone to explore and learn the amazing accomplishments, achievements and contributions of career and technical education (CTE) professionals, students and alumni with the theme "Celebrate CTE Superheroes."
How can you celebrate CTE month?
- Tell your CTE stories through traditional media with the press release provided by ACTE, and by using FCCLA press-releases and prerecorded PSAs (15 sec. | 30 sec., right click to download)
- Download CTE Month Press Starter Kit pieces from ACTE:
Spread the word on social networks all month long and especially on CTE Social Media Advocacy Day on Thursday, Feb. 27.
- Twitter: Share your story in 140 characters or less, and be sure to include hashtag #CTEMonth or #CareerTechEd. Direct to your legislator by adding @ and your legislator's handle before your message; for example, "@Barack_Obama Perkins funding critical to workforce, edu & preparing students to be college & career ready. Restore funding! #careerteched"
- Facebook: Write your story on your legislator's Facebook wall. You can also post it on the ACTE Facebook wall, FCCLA Facebook wall, or post on your own wall/status.
- Blog: Share your experiences on your blog and send us a link to your article.
- Video: Post a video to SchoolTube and send us the link.